Thursday, November 27, 2008

Seductive

This might be long. but there's a surprise at the end.


SEDUCTIVE
by Gege Sugue
copyright 2005

Your face.
The first thing to catch my eye
To ignite the spark
To captivate my heart
Beguile me
Make me take pause
And linger
Look closer

Your face.
Tells me to come nearer
To touch
To probe
And know you more
Sometimes I get hooked
Sometimes I resist
Walk away
Just to see another
Move on to a prettier face

Your face.
May be comely
May be plain
It may be mysterious
Or bold
Colorful or somber
You evoke ideas
You provoke
You invite
You taunt
Entice
And beckon me to know you
Hold you
Explore what lie beneath

Sometimes
Your face.
Reveals much about you
Sometimes it gives mere nuances
Sometimes it offers clues
Sometimes none
Sometimes it tells your story
Your triumphs
Sometimes you’re enigmatic
Making me wonder
Sometimes you are open
Allowing me a glimpse inside
Sometimes you are wrapped in veneer
Preventing even a preview
Heightening curiosity
Inviting risk
Challenging my daring
Goading me to take a chance
Making me ponder
If your substance
Is in parity
With your blatant beauty
I speculate
If you’re worth the price
Sometimes I simply move on
To another less guarded
Or maybe, to hell, I say
I embolden myself
And guiltily, stealthily
Rip off that prudish layer
I choose certainty
Over discovery

Tactile follow visual
My eyes burn down
Your spine.
My fingers pick up the trail
I try to compare you
To the others I already have
How you look in a line
Do you fit in
Do you stand out
Do you complement
Maybe it is not fair
To judge you
By the others I have
But I can’t help it
I am a connoisseur
I have had many
Any many more there are to be had
But no
I shouldn’t
Not again
I tell myself
Not now

The view of
Your back.
Tell me where you came from
Who loved you before
What you are about
Your essence
That separate you from the others
Your history
Your characters
Your maker
Your genre
Your promise.
To amuse me
In nights of solitude
In days of languor
Hours of ennui
To lift me
When the world fails me
To comfort me
Through moments of sorrow
To incite hysterics
Or dramatics
To sate a longing
For knowledge
For inspiration
For travel
Experimentation
Mindlessness
Profundity
Inanity
Intensity
Pretense
Fantasy
Escape
Truth

My palm glides along
Your body.
The longing quickens
The hook deepens
I resist
You persist
You tease
You tell me there’s more
To see
To know
I turn away
You call me back
I give in
Grab you
Hold you
I succumb
I pay the price
And bring you home
Hide you from my beloved’s eyes
You, my guilty vice
I unwrap you
And mark my name on you

I breathe in
Your scent.
Heady
Unique
Special
Could be the crisp fresh smell of new
Or the musty scent of old
Maybe I found you in a pristine place
Untouched
Or maybe I unearthed you
In a dingy bargain place
Maybe you’ve had someone own you
And use you a multitude of times
Before I did
But it does not matter
Because no matter how much
I hold you
Use you
Abuse you
Sap all you have
No matter how much I take of you
You give more
And promise a next time
Assure me
That when I take you again
You will offer as much

Your words.
Unspoken yet powerful
Inspiring
Soulful
Soul food
Evocative, compelling
Pleasing not my ears
But my core
Sometimes sublime
Sometimes crass
May be funny
Or blasé
Angry
Angst ridden
Sarcastic
Satiric
Intellectual
Pseudo intellectual
Shallow
Mellow
Pretentious
Mellifluous
Brash
Rash
Glib
Flip
Illuminating
Edifying
Revealing
Reflecting
Searing
Stirring
Agitating
Awakening
Convicting
Causing discomfort
Serving as a mirror
To my foibles
My weaknesses
My fears
The darkness within me
Stretching my soul
Expanding my mind
Exposing my heart
Hitting my guts
You teach me
Grip me
Stab me where it hurts
Make me confront my demons
Make me smile
Or weep
Or laugh
Urge me to think
To act
To know
To change
Or just to be

You.
For that moment you hold me
Own me
Rule me
Dominate me
Sometimes I lose sleep
And have you all night
Till I am sated
Or spent
Sometimes I set you aside
To wait for another round
Sometimes I consume you fast
Sometimes I take my time
Sometimes I hold back
Sometimes fatigue overcomes me
Some nights my husband finds me asleep
With you on my pillow
He sighs and wakes me
To scold me or mock me

You.
The whole of you
My guilty pleasure
My addiction
My need
My obsession
My prized possession
Books, the ultimate seduction

(And you thought it was something else, right? )

0 comments: