Monday, December 1, 2008

Two

Separate souls
Different goals
Bound by circumstance and choice
The desires of our hearts
Wedge us apart
And lead us to forked paths

Do we put freedom
Ahead of unity
Do I respect his individuality
Does the need to merge
Take second place
To the growth of his spirituality

Our hearts ache for different things
Is this a sign
Need I discern a deeper meaning
Do I ignore the whispers of my instinct
Do I let go and let life unravel
Without my selfish controlling
Do I choose
Or do I wait
Do I push
Or leave it to fate

2 comments:

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

Love and relationships require so much give and take, doesn't it, Gege? I hope you find your answers, and, sometimes, as you know, through the act of writing, we often find them. Stay well:)

coffeewriter said...

nice poem. your soul is speaking up through your poems